Requirements for HFMA Fellowship
FHFMA Application / Duplicate Certificate Request
Fellow of HFMA (FHFMA) Requirements
Requirements for FHFMA certification include:
- Current CHFP designation
- Five years total as a regular or advanced HFMA member (student membership does not count toward this total)
- Bachelor degree or 120 semester hours from an accredited college or university
- Reference from an HFMA Fellow or current elected HFMA chapter officer
- Volunteer activity in healthcare finance within 3 years of applying for the FHFMA designation, including one of the following:
- Earn the Follmer Bronze Award by earning 25 Founders points for HFMA volunteer activity
- Volunteer in your HFMA chapter and earn two Founders points for two consecutive years
- Volunteer service for two of the past three years in a healthcare industry organization
- Submission of a conforming FHFMA application with a one-time $150 fee
A full explanation of these requirements is provided in the HFMA Certification brochure. Download the brochure.
Applying for FHFMA Certification
You may submit your application for FHFMA certification once you have met the other requirements listed above. Your application must include a one-time only, $150 processing fee (HFMA will return the fee if the application is not accepted; otherwise, the fee is non-refundable).
Applications for FHFMA certification must be notarized. Please download theapplication form, complete it, have it notarized, and submit it with payment to the address indicated at the end of the form.
HFMA will process FHFMA applications within 60 to 90 days after receipt. If the application is incomplete or requires additional review, HFMA will contact the candidate.
Certificates for members achieving FHFMA status are given to Chapter Presidents for presentation and are not mailed directly to the candidate. The name on the certificate is the name in the candidate's HFMA member profile. The candidate is responsible for ensuring accuracy of information in their HFMA member profile.
Once You Have Achieved FHFMA Status
Your newly earned FHFMA designation is an important professional achievement. Let your CEO, colleagues, and others know of your achievement using this sample letter.
You may also request a duplicate or replacement certificate. There will be a $25 charge to cover the expense of the certificate, folder, shipping and handling.
And remember to maintain your certification using the resources on our Certification Maintenance page. And Apply here. Fellow of HFMA Application
For more information about the HFMA Certification Program, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-252-4362 and ask for Certification