IT Director (2 positions...Clinical and Business focused)
John Muir Health
Walnut Creek, CA
ITS DIRECTOR POSITIONS (Clinical , and, business focused opportunities) Our client, a leader in health care in the San Francisco Bay Area, John Muir Health, seeks 2 ITS Directors for Hospital Services (one, with a clinical focus, the second, with a business focus). John Muir Health (JMH) is a not-for-profit integrated system of doctors, hospitals and other services. Reporting to the Associate CIO of JMH, the ITS Director's role is to share the vision, demonstrate the values, support the philosophy, and be sensitive to the mission of JMH. He/she will develop and execute tactics that lead to the fulfillment of the overall JMH vision and strategy. The Director is responsible for aligning the resources under their control to meet ITS and JMH goals, specifically the support and execution of strategic plans and priorities (as defined by the JMH Information & Technology Governance process). This includes tactical oversight of systems, application support, technology implementation and project management, daily operational management, a focus on customer service, staff skills development, recruitment and retention, and fiscal responsibility.
Qualifications for these positions include:
- Bachelor's degree in relevant clinical discipline, business, computer science, management engineering, or related subject required; non-degree acceptable with significant demonstrated expertise. Master's degree a plus;
- Three (3) to five (5) years of progressively responsible leadership experience in healthcare information technology services required with a strong operational background and proven track record of accomplishments in a large, complex healthcare environment;
- Significant experience as an IT manager or director of information services. Experience in a multi-entity, integrated delivery system preferred;
- Ability to manage, coordinate and lead multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously. Ability to balance the use of resources effectively. Ability to estimate timeframes and meet projected deadlines and budgets;
- ITIL, Six Sigma and Lean certification desired.